“Retail Florist of the Year” Contest
Your chance to become the ‘Retail Florist of the Year (2017)’ is here! Florists’ Review is searching for its 3rd recipient of the award, and florists are invited to complete the 9-part application by clicking here. Each part may be completed at separate times, but please note that each document does not allow you to save your work and begin again later. All submissions must be received on or before January 31, 2017.
Be prepared to upload several photo examples of your best work – including photos of your storefront, merchandise, marketing pieces, weddings/events, representation of your style, and business achievements. Save yourself time by organizing your favorite photos in a folder on your desktop for easy access.
Check out all of the rules below, and good luck to all who enter!
Rules, Guidelines, Terms and Conditions
The 2017 “Retail Florist of the Year” contest, co-sponsored by Florists’ Review magazine and the Wholesale Florist and Florist Supplier Association (WF&FSA), is a contest that seeks out and salutes successful traditional (non-mass-market) retail florists in the U.S. and Canada.
Entrants consent to having their submissions, and all contents contained within, viewed and evaluated by the “Retail Florist of the Year” panel of judges and WF&FSA and Florists’ Review executive staffs.
The winning florist(s) agrees to have his/her business profiled in Florists’ Review magazine and on Florists’ Review’s and WF&FSA’s websites and social media sites, and commit to judging the 2018 “Retail Florist of the Year” contest.
Who can enter?
Candidates for the “Retail Florist of the Year” must be traditional floral retailers operating in the United States or Canada who are in good standing with their wholesale suppliers and have been in business for a minimum of two years.
To enter your shop or to nominate another florist, click here.
When is the entry deadline?
All submissions must be received on or before January 31, 2017.
Entries may be submitted online.
How will submissions be judged?
A panel comprising the current WF&FSA president, Florists’ Review’s editorial director, BLUMZ by JR Designs (the reigning “Retail Florist of the Year”) and another respected wholesale supplier and/or retail florist will evaluate each submission in the following key areas:
- Visual Merchandising and Display, Store Design, and Image (20 points)
- Advertising, Marketing and Promotions (20 points)
- Weddings and Events (10 points)
- Flower Variety and Quality (10 points)
- Customer Service Policies and Programs (10 points)
- Employee Benefits and Training (10 points)
- Business Achievement (10 points)
- Floral Industry and Community Involvement (10 points)
All entry judging is confidential.
How and when is the winner notified?
The winner will be notified by telephone in March 2017. The award presentation will occur Oct. 18-20, 2017, at the 2017 WF&FSA Floral Distribution Conference in Miami, Fla.
What does the winner receive?
Along with fame among peers and in the community, the “Retail Florist of the Year” winner will receive:
- A trip for two, including complimentary airfare, hotel and registration, to the 2017 WF&FSA Floral Distribution Conference
- Recognition at a special ceremony at the conference
- A feature article about his/her business in the June 2017 issue of Florists’ Review magazine, on www.floristsreview.com and on www.wffsa.org
- A photo of the owner(s) of the winning shop on the cover of the June 2017 issue of Florists’ Review magazine and a framed cover of that issue