Valentine’s Day Schedule
- Additional Delivery Days: We will be open and delivering on Saturday, February 11th
- Standing orders: All Standing Orders will be delivered on their regular day the week of February 6th.
- Double-up Standing Orders will be delivered on Tuesday, February 7th and Wednesday, February 8th, depending on the product.
- Extended Hours: See the Holiday Hours listed below
- Please note that dvflora.com next day delivery cut-off is 8:00 PM on Friday, February 10th for delivery Saturday, February 11th. (customers in New England, Western PA and Syracuse NY areas have a 6:00PM cut-off)
- Dutch Direct: (No change in this schedule)
- Order Thursday 2/2 by 10PM for Monday 2/6 delivery
- Order Sunday 2/5 by 10PM for Thursday 2/9 delivery
- Holland cutoffs on Grower Direct are 8:00PM
**Please plan ahead on your supply and botanical needs. We need to avoid shipping large supply or botanicals orders on Monday 2/6 due to the volume on our trucks. Please utilize Wednesday 2/1 through Friday 2/3 for these items. Monday 2/6 through Fri 2/10 will be very heavy delivery days. Please plan for some later than normal delivery times. We will be working hard to minimize any delays.
**NOTE** Customers in the New England, Western PA, and Syracuse deliver areas have a 6PM order cut-off time to place orders for next day delivery.
SAF 1 Day Profit Blast- Join us on March 25th in Mt. Laurel, NJ for The Society of American Florists 1-Day Profit Blast. The event packs design, sales, technology and management education into an 8-hour program, along with a Supplier Showcase where floral industry vendors share their newest products.
Save $60 by registering before March 8th. PLUS all DVFlora customers enjoy SAF Member pricing. Learn more here: SAF Profit Blast 3.25.17.
DVFlora Emails- We have made a change to our Email marketing system. Besides sporting a new look, the new system will allow you to choose which emails you receive starting next week.. Currently there are 3 separate lists. We will add more over time so you can fine tune what offers and information you receive. If you’re not a subscriber or if you unsubscribed in the past because you were getting too many emails, you can now subscribe right on the Welcome Screen of dvflora.com, and only stay signed up to see the offers you really want to see.
- DVFlora Connection: our standard, overall email list. It will include emails about 2 times per week with holiday-specific specials, Flower of the Week, industry/DVFlora announcements and more.
- Fresh Specials: currently sent Monday through Thursday each week with items for shipping the next day.
- Friday Fresh: sent on Friday mornings with the Friday Fresh price list.
General- Farms are struggling to fill prebook orders on time. Weather and some late production will lead to some delays as well as some shorter stem lengths being available. These issues are industry wide. What they cannot ship one day they are automatically rolling over to the next day. From an overall volume standpoint, we expect to have enough of all colors for the holiday. But we may have trouble getting you the exact variety, stem length and farm you want and some shipments may be delayed a day or so.
Snapdragons- Production in California seems good except for Lavender. There will be a good supply of Tall and Medium from Canada, except for Burgundy and Lavender. Holiday pricing is in effect.
Dianthus- Demand for dianthus has picked up. Colors like Burgundy and Black Cherry are somewhat limited. Demand for Green is lower than expected. There seems to be a gap in Solomio supply and we may have shortages for the holiday.
Delphinium- Production in California remains limited and will be that way until March. Rain and cloudy weather in Ecuador has limited production there as well. We are buying all we can but will still have shortages in some selections. You should try to be flexible and sub with something similar.
Iris- Demand has really kicked in for Iris. There is a good supply of Dark Blue from California, but other colors are limited, especially Purple. Production from North Carolina is starting but still limited.
General- Most basic product is now fairly scarce. Anything that is showing color is being cut and shipped. This will lead to a gap in production for 7-10 days after Valentine’s Day shipping is finished. That means product will remain fairly scarce through February.
Carnations and Mini Carnations- These are being impacted the most by late production. We expect to have plenty of product, but possibly not exactly what you want, so we may have to offer a second choice.
Leatherleaf- Leatherleaf is in even shorter supply than expected. We expect to sell out for the holiday. In addition to Costa Rican and Florida Leather, we will have some Honduras but not as much as we had hoped.
Eucalyptus– Seeded will be a little scarce and may go to Cupped Euc before Valentine’s Day. Other Eucs are plentiful.