June is National Rose Month
The time has finally come! We are very excited to celebrate National Rose Month! Roses have been around for a long time and they have a colorful history. Roses have symbolized love, beauty, war, and politics for hundreds of years. Below are some interesting facts on roses…
– A fossil of a rose was located in Colorado from nearly 35 million years ago.
– The world’s oldest living rose is believed to be 1,000 years old.
– There are over 100 species of the Rose.
– Roses have prickles, not thorns.
– The cultivation of roses most likely began in Asia around 5000 years ago.
– The oldest garden rose is the Rosa Gallica Officinalis, the apothecary rose.
– There are over 4,000 songs dedicated to roses.
– Wild roses only blossom once a year.
– Although roses can come in a wide variety of colors, a “black rose” is not actually black, it is a very dark red.
– In 1986 the rose also became the floral emblem of the United States.
For more information on National Rose Month visit The Garden Diary.
Downloadable Social Media Content
Feel free to use these National Rose Month and National Red Rose Day images on your Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Be sure to include #roses , #nationalrosemonth and #dvflora on your posts to help draw attention to this colorful and exciting celebration!
Utilize the blank-slate images to add your own text and insert in your marketing emails or other promotions.