For the last eight years, thousands of floral industry members across the country have organized their teams one day in October to take part in Petal It Forward, SAF’s goodwill flower-sharing initiative.
This year on October 18th, floral industry participants will hand two flowers or bouquets to an unsuspecting stranger, urging them to keep one and share the other with someone else.
Here are a few reasons why your business should participate:
1. Petal It Forward aims to show people that it’s a pleasure to receive flowers — but it’s even more fulfilling to give them. They will experience firsthand what science has proven: that flowers reduce stress and anxiety, and make people happy. The more the public experiences this, the more consumers recognize that flowers make thoughtful, emotional and memorable gifts.
2. Marketing Potential Galore. Petal It Forward is a highly visible event that can do wonders for your reputation– reporters love covering the giveaway in the days leading up to it and its aftermath.
- Reach out to media outlets and inform them about your plans for October 18th to capitalize on the event – let them know it is part of a national effort to demonstrate the positive benefits of giving and receiving flowers.
- Click here to read how a few SAF members market Petal It Forward before, during and after the event.
3. Opportunities for New Partnerships. Volunteers from a variety of local organizations can be invited to help. In return, those organizations receive publicity from partnering with your business.
DVFlora customers have access to specially discounted bouquets and 5 stem bunches of Astronova from Queens and Holland America. They are available to order now on DV Grower Direct for delivery October 16th and/or October 17th!
See below for the details and be sure to visit our website to order or contact your DV sales associate!